HFN

Human Filtered News

The History of the Mac OS: "Filed under: Cult of Mac, Odds and endsHow I love a good stroll down memory lane, even if the memories aren't mine. I believe I have mentioned before that my first Mac ran OS 8/6 (yes, a blueberry iMac lured me into the Mac fold, and look at me now!), however, I know that there are many TUAWer's out that there were using Macs before they were even Macs.

A Mac Genius has a fun article detailing the history of the various OS's from System 1 to Mac OS x 10.4. You're sure to learn a thing or two about a Mac operating system long lost in the mists of the technological past.

If you have a hankering for knowing what exactly was updated in System 3.2 head on over to A Mac Genius, though there does seem to be some controversy as to whether Apple officially released an OS known as System 5, or if 'System 5' was simply a codename for System 4.x.
 

ReadPermalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments



Ads by Google "
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment